Officially established June 11, 2012, Friends of Mifflin(FoM) is a volunteer-led organization that is committed to the success of our neighborhood public school—Thomas Mifflin. We aim to engage residents and stakeholders from the entire Mifflin catchment area.
*a committee of East Falls Community Council
Promote and celebrate the successes at Mifflin; establish a robust volunteer network to assist in student tutoring and administrative support; engage the School District of Philadelphia and other policy influencers to maintain support for public education in the Mifflin catchment area; provide resources for the school to improve educational opportunities for Mifflin’s students and neighborhood children; and foster an engaging, safe, and plentiful learning environment for Mifflin’s students.
- Support Mifflin as an anchor for the diverse community of East Falls and a top choice for all families; and
- Serve as a model of community based support for neighborhood public education across Philadelphia.
- Transparency and inclusion;
- Responsibility in stewardship of funds;
- Responsive support to school leadership, staff, students, and home/school needs;
- Adaptability in our role as the needs of Mifflin change; and
- Mutual engagement between the community and school.